Telecommunication or Communication Engineering is defined as the science and technology of communication over a distance. The ability to convey information quickly, accurately, and efficiently has always been one of the main focuses driving human innovation. From prehistoric human with their signal fires to the smart phone-wielding high-powered executives of today, communication still remains a key for survival and success. The history of telecommunication illustrates this never-ending push for progress as it steadily parallels human growth, becoming more widespread and efficient as the development of modern civilization unfolds.
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ETC) was established in the year 1997 to produce world class Engineers and Researcher in the field of Communication Engineering, Electronics System designing, Embedded &IoT, Signal Processing, Image Processing and Robotics. The department made progressive strides during the last two decades for its best practices in teaching learning, Industry relevant courses, R&D activities and student placement.
- PEO1: To provide the fundamental knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering concepts for the development of engineering system (Fundamental Knowledge)
- PEO2: To apply current industry accepted electronics technologies to analyze, design, implement, test and verify high performance systems and provide solutions to the existing real world problems.
- PEO3: To enable use of appropriate skill sets and its applications towards social impacts of communication Engineering technologies in the career related activities (Professional Skill)
- PEO4: To promote team work and effective communication skills to students (team and communication skill) ensuring practices in soft skill (IT and Communicative English)
- PEO5: To enable students to become successful engineers, managers, scientists, researchers, innovators or entrepreneurs meeting global industrial requirements to make substantial contribution to the society (Societal Contribution)
- PO1.Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2.Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3.Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4.Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5.Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6.The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7.Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8.Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9.Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Specify, design and implement analog and digital electronics systems using state of the art Hardware and Software tools.
- Understand, determine and apply signal processing techniques to design and analyse speech, image and video processing algorithm.
- Architect, partition and test specified wired and wireless communication systems selecting Modern tools for implementation.
- Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering. (Signal Processing & Communication)
- Tech. (Res) in Electronics & Communication Engineering