Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India has established ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years. MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
IIC Calendar Activities for Academic Year 2020-21
Quarter - I
- IIC Council formation or upgradation (of existing council) at Institute level. Conduct first council meeting.
- My Story – Motivational Session by Successful Innovators
- My Story – Motivational Session by Successful Entrepreneur/Startup founder.
- Panel Discussion on Atmanirbhar Bharat- Vocal for Local, Make In India for the world.
- Orientation Session on National Education Policy (with a focus on Innovation and entrepreneurship)
Quarter - II
- Orientation Session on National Innovation and Startup Policy (NISP)
- Idea/ PoC pitching & validation and Institute level PoC competition. Submission of Idea/PoC on IIC Portal
- Call for paper writing and research report on Innovation
- Orientation session for all students & faculties of Institute by Innovation Ambassador
- Session on identifying Intellectual Property component at the early stage of Innovation
- Workshop on Entrepreneurship Development Phases
Quarter - III
- Field/Exposure Visit to Incubation Unit/Patent Facilitation Centre/Technology Transfer Centre/ Co- working spaces
- Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) and IP management for start up
- Session/ Workshop on Business Model Canvas (BMC)
- Orientation session for all students & faculties of Institute by Innovation Ambassador(s)
- Interactive Session/Mentoring Session with “Successful Start-up founders‚ÄĚ (Entrepreneurs in Campus)
- Business Plan/Prototype Competition to Invite Innovative Business Models from Students
- talk on ‚ÄúFrom your Ph.D./ Masters Thesis to a start-up
- Session on Why IP is important in academia?
Quarter - IV
- Session on Accelerators/Incubation – Opportunities for the Students & Faculties – Early Stage Entrepreneurs
- ‚ÄėNextGen Entrepreneurs
- GEAR UP ACCELERATOR PROGRAM on ‚ÄúIdentifying Value Proposition & Designing the Solution‚ÄĚ
- GEAR UP ACCELERATOR PROGRAM On ‚ÄúBUYING BEHAVIOUR & PRICING STRATEGY‚ÄĚ
- GEAR UP ACCELERATOR PROGRAM On ‚ÄúCreating differentiator & Competitive Landscape
- Semester Break : Internship at startup
- Orientation session for all students & faculties of Institute by Innovation Ambass
- GearUp Accelerator program on LEGAL FRAMEWORK