The National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian Government-sponsored public service program conducted by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. Popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Centenary year in 1969. Aimed at developing students’ personalities through community service, NSS is a voluntary association of young people in Colleges and Universities working for a campus-community (esp. Villages) linkage.
NSS program aims to inculcate social welfare in students and to provide service to society without bias. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a dignified life. In doing so, the volunteers learn from people in the community, how to lead life despite a scarcity of resources. NSS also provides help in natural and man-made disasters by providing food, clothing and first aid to the disaster victims.
The Motto of NSS “Not Me But You” reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service. NSS helps students develop appreciation to others points of view and also show consideration to other living beings.
To enable the students
- It provides diversified opportunities to students in colleges and universities to develop their personalities through community service.
- It helps in acquiring leadership qualities and a democratic attitude.
- It developer a sense of involvement in the task of nation-building.
- It helps in developing his / her skill to perform certain jobs, quality of an organizer, an Administrator and development of personality as a whole.
- It helps in developing a positive attitude, self-confidence, courage & patience.
- He/she gets opportunities to see the community closely and thus gets an experience of human nature to his / her environment.
- Gets the opportunity to meet people from different walks of life.
- He/she gets the opportunity to participate in various National / State level programmes such as National Integration, Motivational Sessions, value-oriented self-development camps, Adventure camps, workshops. Youth exhibition, cultural programmes etc
NSS volunteer who takes part in the community service programme and are active member, these student volunteers would have the exposure and experience to be the following:
- An Accomplished Social Leader
- An Efficient Administrator
- A Person Who Understands Human Nature.
The NSS Badge Proud to Serve the Nation
All the youth volunteers who opt to serve the nation through the NSS led community service wear the NSS badge with pride and a sense of responsibility towards helping the needy. The Konark wheel in the NSS badge having 8 bars signifies the 24 hours of a day, reminding the wearer to be ready for the service of the nation round the clock i.e. for 24 hours. The red colour in the badge signifies the energy and spirit displayed by the NSS volunteers. The Blue colour signifies the cosmos of which the NSS is a tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of mankind.
Some of the major activities carried out by the university are:
- BLOOD DONATION CAMP
- SWACHATA PAKHWADA
- CLEANLINESS DRIVE
- PROMOTING HEALTY LIVING
- SEMINAR ON E-WASTE COLLECTION
- SEMINAR ON ENDING VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
|Sl. No.||Image||Name and Designation||Contact|
Department of HSS
|1||Prof. Swaroop Mohantyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Prof. Bhabani Mahankudaemail@example.com|
|3||Prof. Swapan Kumar Ballfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Prof. Manas Ranjan Mishraemail@example.com|
|5||Prof. Abdul KayomMdKhairuzzamanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
NSS unit of C.V. Raman Global University successfully organized a Mega Blood Donation Camp on November 22, 2022, in collaboration with HDFC Bank. A record-breaking 612 units of blood were collected in this mega event.
NSS unit of C.V Raman Global University, Bhubaneswar organized an ” Awareness Campaign on Road Safety ” on 15 November at CGU campus in association with BAJAJ Motors.
NSS unit of C.V Raman Global University, Bhubaneswar visited Ashokan Rock Edict, Dhauli (Historical Monument) to celebrate Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
Free Eye Health Checkup Camp(12th.Mar. 2022-14th Mar 2022)
Swachata Pakhwada (30-01- 2020)
Seminar on Ending Violence against women(14-12-2019)
PROMOTING HEALTY LIVING(21-09-2019)
Cleanliness drive at Beleswar Uchavidyalaya(01-02-2020)
National Service Scheme