Eco-friendly initiatives are followed by staff and students of CGU, Odisha in its lush and green campus ;
- Energy Conservation
- Renewable Energy
- Water Harvesting
- Efforts for Carbon Neutrality
Energy conservation is one of the best practices followed by the staff and students of CGU, Odisha. Round the clock effort is made to reduce the consumption of energy in the University campus in the following ways;
- Creating awareness among the students and staff by organizing conference, workshops etc.
- The buildings are fitted with glass windows for maximum utilization of natural light.
- Lights and fans are switched off when not required.
- Air-conditioners are used only at essential places.
- Energy efficient compact fluorescent tubes and ceiling fans of higher star ratings are used in most of the places to ensure energy conservation etc.
As a part of its mission to conserve the Nation’s natural resources, the University uses alternative sources of energy such as sunlight, wind and rain.
In the process of water harvesting, all the rain water from the campus is collected and stored for the future use. The University gives a lot of importance to rain water harvesting in fulfilling its need.
As a part of its efforts to neutralize carbon emission, the University has taken various steps in its campus. The University nurtures a large number of trees and plants which can absorb carbon dioxide. Apart from all these, different awareness programmes are regularly conducted to create awareness among the students and staff.
- Students and staff of CGU, Odisha participate with enthusiasm in tree plantation drive during Van Mahostav. This drive is to remind the young citizens the importance of environment and ecology for sustainable development.
- Different plants are nurtured with care.
- The University has continuously bagged the first prize since last many years in different flower competition and garden competition at the State level.
- The institute has won AICTE Clean Campus Award (Eastern Zone).
The university is disposing off solid and liquid waste and other hazardous substances to the company, which has been authorized by the State Pollution Control Board, Odisha after obtaining necessary formalities.