In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution's system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
EMPOWE2R 2R2 : Enshrining Multidisciplinary Prowess to Orient Women to be Educators Enerprenures & Researchers to Reign & Rule
We have already provided all the data from the initiatives to date and hope to bring in more initiatives to see that 50% of our major top rung talent is not left behind without opportunity. Under the EMPOWE2R 2R2 we will further strengthen the existing policies for enabling women and ADD some of the new initiatives below if we are given an opportunity to be part of the GATI (Gender Advancement for Transforming Institutions) Pilot.
Policy from over 5 years:
- The university has initiated an unique initiative of Lifelong learning to support our alumni to acquire additional skills for career enhancement or translational capability to change of jobs. Additional provision shall be made for women under this scheme to enable them to join back in STEMM jobs with latest skill and competence.
- University President’s grant based support of orphan girls “Safal” program with full support for education. (20 girls supported to date)
- To enhance and encourage leadership among women, merit scholarship program (complete fee waiver ) for girls with consistent high performance from school to UG programs, for joining MBA programs.
- Annual participation with Odisha Skill Development Authority to select, provide counselling and train along with support for stay and facilitating training for employment linked skilling certificate for close to 2000 girls every year majorly from Odisha and also partly from MP. This includes standard manufacturing industry and tourism/hospitality industry.
- Invite diverse cross section of women to the campus under the than Pitha Pana (cookery contest ) program and during the course of the visit provide them an opportunity to understand the nature of STEMM education and career prospects that their girls can engage in the future at CGU.
- NSS and Unatha Bharath schemes regularly engage with local community and especially the Five (5) interior villages of Odisha adopted by CGU, to deliver wide range of services. Major focus of these service is towards women and children. In future these will be segregated and highlighted.
- At any given time if an employee (especially a women) has to stay for extended period of time on account of work, for their safety, the university provides transport support from campus to their homes, even if it is a single person. CGU has an electric car(Reva) to support such transport.
- From the academic session 2020-21 the university has created Two (2) scholarships to encourage girls from Bhutan to come and study Engineering programs in CGU in India. The scholarship includes registration, all fees, boarding and loading. The student has to just pay for their travel and any incidental personnel expenditure.
- CGU has also created about from the academic session 2020-21 scholar ship for research programs for international students. 21 students including 6 girls have been provided scholar ships.
- University has special provision to take care of the girls with mentoring Each student has a mentor to not just support the student with respect to academics, but can support them on any issue in the campus including career counselling to stress.
- Complete overview and orientation about the campus, academic programs, safety security issues to even adaptation for Indian environment in case of international women students is provided in the campus annual. The IQAC panel has been specially sensitised to see that Gender sensitivity and effective addressing of harassment issues and the working of panels are well publicised and faculty and staff are educated on the multiple provisions available to address their grievance.
CGU’s-New Initiatives which will come to effect from the academic year 2021-22 on account of COVID-19 based delay are as below :
- Step to have a quality Creche in campus to help women employees, faculty and staff, to help them take up higher STEMM programs or retain their jobs. This has been especially initiated looking at the about 600 million Gen Y and Z Indians who would be either in the academic or in the working age group. Especially to support women.
- To attract well qualified STEM women graduates, lost to our social and family requirements, the university plans to offer the provision for admission to STEMM Masters and PhD programs. Especially when they usually lose key years, on account of pregnancy or children care. They will be facilitated with state of art of Cheche for women students, so that would like to take up especially after marriage or even for single parents, when they have a career break. Thus enable them to effectively use that period to not fall back in life and career but even be ahead of the curve by acquiring higher qualifications, competence and skills. Thus prepare them for future emerging career opportunities. In the process stop the loss of many competent woman from the high skill job markets, where there is a huge shortage be engineers, researchers, scientists, doctors, nurses, analysts and STEMM administrators.
- Enhance the housing scheme in campus and in nearby vicinity with a special provision to maximise women employees and students with family by having quality studio apartments. So that they could stay with kids or even elders they care for, near to them in the campus. Yet carry out productive education, skilling and research work , without feeling guilty and effectively carrying out their responsibility to their family too.
- Create provision in collaboration with Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists to support women enerprenures both faculty and staff, especially helping them leverage our Centre of Excellence and our Incubation facility to work on any domain of knowledge that the university offers. This could include hardware to softer, agriculture to automation, Artificial Intelligence to Advanced manufacturing , food processing to full health care solutions, medical instrumentation to multimedia and Machine Learning
- Create a Women In Leadership (WIL) club and under this initiate a part time program essentially a PG Diploma on Women In Leadership (WIL) and Systems thinking Enabled Entrepreneurial and Design Thinking (SEED) will be Offred for all of our women faculty, technical and administrative
- All women employees will be encouraged to take up next level higher education or skilling opportunities in the campus across all domains of education, with appropriate working environment support
- Regularly offer a wide range of short term online and offline blended certificate programs in subjects including mathematics, design and research tools, and future skills to enhance the performance of Women in their job and help them move forward in their careers.
- In the long run also create senior citizen care facility which would also help women to stay in employment considering the Indian social fabric, and more importantly the presence of over 300 to 400 million Indians in the age group of 65 to 85 in the near future.
- Further in order to ensure women professors are encouraged to join the university and also help retain those who have already joined CGU, effort shall be made to become a family friendly campus and thus help faculty have family stability. This shall be done by making efforts to see that as far as possible the partners may also be facilitated with a viable employment opportunity in the university or its related institutions. Thus help stability of the women faculty to perform well .
- The university also plans to create annual awards for the best researchers, best demonstration of leadership among women faculty
- Seed grant with mentoring by a senior faculty for women faculty to get into the process of applying for research grants and taking up consultancy
- Each women faculty to be mandatorily linked and trained for working with future skills and advanced industry CoEs by linking them to one of the 25 centres based on their choice.
|1||Prof. B.S. Satyanarayana, Vice Chancellor, CGU||Chair Person|
|2||Prof. Priyadarshi Kanungo, Dean faculty of Engineering,CGU |
|3||Prof. Dilip Kumar Das,Dean Faculty of Agriculture,CGU||Member|
|4||Mr. Sibasis Maity,Advisor to President,CGU||Member|
|5||Mr. Shivendu Jauhari,Design Praxis 16,2nd Floor,Nirmala Heights Nr Destination Center,Nanded City Pune-411068||Member(Industrialist)|
|6||Mr. Partha Sarkar,Academic Relations Manager,Eastern Region,TCS||Member(Employer)|
|7||Mr. Subham Subhadarshi Panda,Founder Robocian makerspace & Co-Founder,Ecolift Technology LLP||Alumni Representative|
|8||Ms. Supriti Mohanty(Adruta Children Home(A unit of RAWA Academy)At-Gadakana,Po-Mancheswar(RS)||Member(Local Society)|
|9||Ms. Megha Rani,EEE,5th Semester,Regd.No.-1901227421||Student Representative|
|10||Mrs. Soumya Mishra,Asst. Prof.,Dept. of ECE||Coordinator|
|11||Ms. Debarpita Ghosal,Asst. Prof.,Chemical||Member|
|12||Ms. Bithika Ghosh,Asst. Prof.,Civil||Member|
|13||Ms. Priyanka Sen,Asst. Prof.,Electrical||Member|
|14||Dr. Rahul Barman,Asst. Prof.,Physics||Member|
|15||Dr. Taraprasad Mohapatra,Asst. Prof.,Mechanical||Member|
|16||Dr. Santanu Kumar Patra,Asst. Prof.,Faculty of Agricultural and Allied Sciences||Member|
|17||Mrs. Tanushree Pradhan,Deputy Registrar,IQAC||Convenor|
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the C. V. Raman College of Engineering (CVRCE)
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC shall have the following functions
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institute
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment favourable for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the Institute, leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institute for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in the Institute
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
|1||2020-21 Quarterly Minutes||1st Minutes|
|2||2019-20 Quarterly Minutes||1st Minutes|
|1st Action Taken Report|
|2nd Action Taken Report|
|3rd Action Taken Report|
|3||2018-19 Quarterly Minutes||1st Minutes|
|2nd & 3rd Minutes|
|Action Taken Report|
|4||2017-18 Quarterly Minutes||1st Minutes|
|Action Taken Report|
|5||2016-17 Quarterly Minutes||1st Minutes|
|Action Taken Report|
|6||2015-16 Quarterly Minutes||1st Minutes|
|7||2014-15 Quarterly Minutes||1st Minutes|
|1||Student Satisfaction Survey Report|
|2||Student Satisfaction Survey – Questionnaire|
Internal Quality Assurance Cell
C. V. RAMAN GLOBAL UNIVERSITY
Bidyanagar, Mahura, Janla
Bhubaneswar - 752 054 (Odisha)
Phone No. :+91-9040272733 (Ext. 280 / 282) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org