The Department of Mathematics came into existence in 1997. The Department offers various Mathematics courses to Graduate and Post Graduate Engineering students. As Mathematics is the language of engineering, the department serves the same purpose as any other engineering department. The department teaches; Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Vector calculus, Matrix Algebra, Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations, Complex Analysis, Numerical analysis, Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory, Laplace Transform, Fourier series and Z-Transforms, Optimization Engineering, Probability Theory and Stochastic Process. P.G. Degree in Mathematics started in 2016.
The Department’s mission is to provide world-class mathematics education and research in engineering, industry, sciences, and commerce in a diverse society. Postgraduate and Ph.D. scholars are involved in advanced research and publishing. The department consults and researches in Cosmology, Differential Equations, Fluid Dynamics, Graph Theory, Inventory Models, Mathematical Epidemiology, Optimization, Fuzzy Optimization, Algebra, and Cryptography. Government of India organisations such as AICTE, DST, and CSIR help the department’s R&D initiatives.
- Rakesh Ranjan Sahoo, Kamal Lochan Mahanta and Saibal Ray, Nonsingular Phantom Cosmology in Five Dimensional f(R, T) Gravity, Universe, Vol-8 (11), 573 (2022), Impact Factor: 2.813, DOI; https://doi.org/10.3390/universe8110573
- D.Mohanty,N.Sethy,G.Mahanta and ,S.Shaw Impact of the interfacial monolayer on Marangoni convective Darcy Forchheimer hybrid nanofluid flow over an infinite porous disk with Cattaneo-Christov heat flux ,Thermal science and Engineering Progress (Elsevier) Impact Factor 4.56,41(2023),https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsep.2023.101854
- D.Mohanty,G.Mahanta and ,S.Shaw Thermosolutal Marangoni stagnation point GO–MoS 2 /water hybrid nanofluid over a stretching sheet with the inclined magnetic field , International Journal of Modern Physics B (World Scientific Publishing Company), 1793-6578 (2023), I.F-1.404 ,https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217979224500243
- D.Mohanty,G.Mahanta and ,S.Shaw Analysis of irreversibility for 3-D MHD convective Darcy–Forchheimer Casson hybrid nanofluid flow due to a rotating disk with Cattaneo–Christov heat flux, Joule heating. Numerical Heat Transfer, Part B: Fundamentals (Taylor & Francis),1, I.F.1.374,https://doi.org/10.1080/10407790.2023.2189644.
- M.K.Nayak, G.Mahanta,S.ShawEntropy analysis of a 3D nonlinear radiative hybrid nanofluid flow between two parallel stretching permeable sheets with slip velocities, International Journal of Ambient Energy,Impact Score 2.54, https://doi.org/10.1080/01430750.2022.2101523
- G.Mahanta, D.S,Rauta,C.Parida Applications of First order differential equations, International journal of Engineering Science, Technology, DOI 0.29121/IJOEST.v6.i5.2022.402
- N.Sethy,G.Mahanta,D.Moanty, S.Shaw Mathematical model and simulation of modified sird model on covid-19 outbreak in india,5 th international conference in Congress,The Conference Proceedings books, ISBN:978-625-8246-90-2.
- C.Parida,D.Mohanty,G.Mahanta, S.Shaw Impact of activation energy and chemical reaction on the Casson fluid flow over an exponential stretching sheet,5 th international conference in Congress,The Conference Proceedings books, ISBN:978-625-8246-90-2.
- G.Mahanta,D.Mohanty,M.K.Nayak, S.Shaw The mhd casson-nanofluid flow over an extended non-linear surface is impacted by brownian motion and thermophoretic effects4 th international dicle scientific research and innovation congress,The Conference Proceedings books ISBN: ‘978-625-367-069-6’
- N.Sethy,G.Mahanta,D.Moanty, S.ShawMixed convection mhd non-linear exponential casson nanofluid flow over an inclined stretching sheet with chemical reactions 4th international conference in scientific Research Congress,The Conference proceedings books ISBN: 978-625-8246-15-5
- G.Mahanta,D.Moanty, S.Shaw Entropy analysis of 2D MHD Casson fluid with the influence of activation energy and Chemical reaction over nonlinear exponential Stretching Surface.5 th international conference in Congress,The Conference Proceedings books,ISBN:978-625-8246-90-2 .